At AB Capital Securities, Inc.(ABCSI), the security of your account and transaction information is of paramount importance to us. We continually evaluate the Internet systems, services, and software used in our operations to ensure that they meet the highest standards of security.
To help us service your account and to comply with the requirements of the Philippine Stock Exchange, ABCSI needs to get personal information about you. Being a leading stockbrokerage and financial institution, we appreciate that any information you provide us is sensitive and understand the importance of keeping it private. Therefore, we have taken additional steps to ensure security of this information.
We assure you that:
- We will safeguard, according to strict standards of security and confidentiality, any information you divulge online.
- We will limit the use of your personal information for account opening and maintenance, advisory about our products or services, and other opportunities that may be of interest to you.
- We will permit access to information only to authorized ABCSI employees. Employees who violate our policy in handling customer information will be subject to our normal disciplinary process.
- We will not reveal or sell your information to any external organization or third parties, unless you have been previously informed in disclosures or agreements, with your prior consent and authorization, or as required by law.
- We will protect your account information by using advanced security measures currently available. All online transactions are encrypted and are routed from the Internet server through a "firewall" that limits access to the online trading server. We use 128-bit encryption protection through Secure Socket Layer (SSL) to ensure that transmissions to and from our online trading site are protected against unauthorized access or intrusion.
- We will allow you to select a username and password combination known only to you that will allow you access to the online trading site. Without this online username and password combination, access to the trading site will not be permitted. For your protection, under no circumstances should you divulge your password to anyone.
- We will always maintain control over the confidentiality of your personal information. We may occasionally invite or facilitate relevant offers from reputable companies. However, they will not be allowed to retain any of your personal information unless you have specifically expressed interest in their products or services. In addition, you will have the option to enroll or remove your name from such marketing lists.
- We will occasionally exchange your personal information with reputable reference sources but only for purposes of credit reporting, verification and risk management.
- We will keep your files complete, up-to-date and accurate to the best of our ability. You will be given information on how and where to conveniently access your account information, and how to notify us about errors, which we will promptly correct.
- We will require other organizations that may be hired to provide support services to conform to our privacy standards and to allow us to audit them for compliance.
- We will be responsible for the privacy standards of our own (ABCSI) site only. Since ABCSI may contain links to other Web sites, we will not be responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites.